Adapted by Farmer Dave’s from The Lemon Bowl
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 4 tbs dijon mustard
- 8 slices sharp cheddar (deli style)
- 1 apple – thinly sliced
- ½ kohlrabi – stems removed, thinly sliced
- softened butter (or olive oil spread)
- Lay out slices of bread side by side on a work surface.
- Spread half of the slices with a tablespoon of mustard each.
- Top all 8 pieces of bread with a slice of sharp cheddar
- Add a few slices of apple and kohlrabi to the slices of bread that have mustard and cheese.
- Take the slices of bread that have cheese only, and place on top of the apple pieces.
- Butter both sides of the sandwich to your liking.
- Cook on a non-stick pan over medium heat until browned (about 2-3 minutes per side), or in a panini press.