By Dracut CSA Member Stacey R.
This was so good and stayed crunchy for 3 days!!
- 1 squash peeled, deseeded and cut into large chunks, shred the raw squash on the large holes of a box grater (or food processor)
- 1/4 of a cabbage, shredded
- A cup or so of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup light oil (light olive oil, sunflower oil, etc.)
- 1/2 cup vinegar (white wine, apple cider, etc)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Finely chopped chili (optional)
- Mix squash, cabbage, cranberries and optional chili in a large bowl.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, maple syrup and salt & pepper to taste. Add to slaw and mix well.