For the salad:
- 8 packed cups washed, trimmed, thinly chopped greens such as kale, elegance mix, bok choi or spicy mix. (Baby greens do not need to be chopped)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 Cortland or Goldrush apple, thinly sliced, sprinkled with lemon juice
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients. Microwave on high for 45 to 60 seconds. Pour over salad and toss well. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes before serving so the greens soften and become infused with the vinaigrette.