This recipe from Deborah Madison’s Vegetable Literacy is a versatile favorite. My two year old and my husband love it equally. Whip it up, keep it in the fridge and enjoy it throughout the week on fish, vegetables and lentils. It’s a knockout on salmon. -Ginger
- About 2 cups sorrel leaves
- 1 clove garlic, pounded into a puree
- 1/2 cup full fat yogurt or sour cream
- Slivered chives or garlic chives
- Sea salt
- Remove the steams from the leaf of the sorrel. Tear into large pieces.
- Put the sorrel, yogurt, and garlic in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Stir in the chives and season to taste with salt.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. This will keep well refrigerated over the course of several days.