CSA Distribution responsibilities may include:
- Setting up and/or breaking down the distribution area at the CSA distribution site
- Setting up check-in table, chairs, and other equipment as needed
- Assist in unloading produce and boxed shares off truck and counting shares
- Displaying produce and signage on tables
- Loading empty crates onto truck
- Storing returned, empty crates after CSA distribution *storage location varies by site*
- Putting away table, chairs, and consolidating unclaimed shares to be donated
- Greeting CSA members, sharing information regarding “What’s in your Share” this week
- Maintaining weekly records
- Receiving and recording payments (minimal)
- Occasional meetings *rare-main contact via calls, text, email and occasional site visit*
- Ability to maintain good communication with the farm
- Ability to lift 30lbs easily and frequently. Lifting and setting up tables as well as full and empty CSA crates part of weekly duties. Ability to lift 50 pounds or more is a plus.
- Good organizational skills
- A friendly, open personality and willingness to engage with CSA members
- Dependable and reliable
What do I get?
Volunteers will receive a “regular”-sized vegetable share and fruit share from our CSA on the day of their shift for the main season.
Fill-in volunteers will receive the equivalent for the shift covered.
How Do I Apply?
If you are interested in a volunteer position, please fill out an application
and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
, or mail it to Farmer Dave’s, attn: Stacey Robert, 437 Parker Road, Dracut, MA 01826.